WEEKLY CLASSES IN CHORLTON
76 High Lane, M21 9XF (opposite St. Johns Church)
THE BENEFITS OF MEDITATION
- The purpose of meditation is to make our mind calm and peaceful.
- If our mind is peaceful we will be free from worries and mental discomfort.
- We will experience true happiness.
- We develop an inner space and clarity that enables us to control our mind.
- We can erradicate from our mind delusions the source of our suffering and problems.
DAYS, TIMES & COST OF CLASSES
- Mondays | 8-9pm | £5 | with Kadampa Teacher Vanessa
- Tuesdays | 7.30-9pm | £6 with Resident Teacher Gen Kelsang Lhachog
- Thursdays | 7.30-9pm | £6 with Kadampa Teacher Jeff
- Fridays | 11am-12pm| £5 | with Kadampa Teacher Sean
Learn How to Let Go
Suitable for beginners, all of our classes offer an insight into how meditation and Buddha’s teachings give us the strength and confidence to let go of inner conflict and outer problems through developing peaceful and positive states of mind.
Over these three weeks we will explore various aspects of our daily lives and see how through changing our own perspective we can begin to meet the various challenges that naturally arise with a new lightness.
- Week starting 20th August Learn how to let go of the Past
- Week starting 27th August Learn how to let go of Fear & Anxiety
- Week starting 3rd September Learn how to let go of Stress & Worry
Introduction to Buddhism
These classes begin the week of 10th September.
In these classes we will learn about Buddhist view, meditation and how we can develop a positive attitude in our daily life. Through improving our mind we can start to find the happy meaningful life everyone is looking for.
- 10 Sept – 5 Oct Part 1 Finding a happy & meaningful life
- 15 Oct – 16 Nov Part 2 Freedom from suffering for ourselves & others
- 19 Nov – 14 Dec Part 3 Uncovering our pure potential
No. Everyone is welcome. These methods are applicable in our daily lives whatever our background or beliefs.
No. The classes are all seated and you are welcome to sit on a chair or on a cushion on the floor.
Yes. All of our classes are suitable for everyone.
No. All of our classes are drop in. However for half day courses and evening classes in the city there is a discount if you book in advance.
“A warm and welcoming environment”
“I have noticed a wonderful improvement in my relationships with others and dealing with situations”
“I always leave a bit happier and a little bit kinder to others and myself”
“It was thoroughly enjoyable and helped massively with opening my eyes to how this can be used to alleviate stress.”
“I left the session feeling very peaceful, with advice that hopefully I will be able to take forwards into my work and home life.”
“There is pretty much a class every day so I can always make it along.”